'Angel of Death' serial killer dies after attack in prison

Posted March 31, 2017

The former nurse's aide serial killer known as the "Angel of Death" after killing dozens of elderly patients in the 1970s and 80s was found severely beaten inside his OH prison cell on Tuesday, police said.

The assault happened around 2.20pm on Tuesday, and Lt. Robert Sellers told the Toledo Blade that they have a suspect, but did not release anymore information.

Harvey's convictions eventually blamed him for 37 murders during the 1970s and 1980s, in OH and Kentucky, and according to reports his unproven claims may have tied him to more than 80 deaths.

"I'm not upset that Donald Harvey has now been a victim himself ... not upset at all", Nadel said following reports of his prison attack.

He killed most of his victims by poisoning their hospital food with arsenic and cyanide. A spokeswoman for Ohio's prison system says Harvey was found badly beaten Tuesday, March 28, 2017, in his cell at the state's prison in Toledo, and the Ohio State Highway Patrol said Harvey was in critical condition Wednesday. The Daily News adds that Harvey allegedly studied witchcraft and was linked to neo-Nazi groups.

His first killing was made in 1970 and he was not arrested until 1987.

Oil prices drop on rise in U.S. drilling
Oilfield services provider Baker Hughes reported Friday that active USA oil rigs rose for a ninth straight week. At present, the country has cut its production by 160,000 bpd and will have cut 200,000 by the end of March.

But James Tyree, of Louisville, Kentucky, says "maybe the good Lord gave him what he deserved".

The string of the deaths began as mercy killings, he claimed. He said Elizabeth Wyatt, 42, had been praying to die so he turned down her oxygen supply until she died.

Harvey pleaded guilty in 1987 to killing 37 people, mostly while he worked as a nurse's aide at hospitals in Cincinnati and London, Ky. He later claimed he was responsible for killing 18 people while working at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Cincinnati.

Hoeweler didn't die, but his father and brother-in-law were less lucky.

He escaped the death penalty by entering into a plea deal and had been serving an 80-year minimum sentence.

He would have been eligible for parole in 2043 at 91 years old.