Uzbekistan's security services had passed information on Rakhmat Akilov, the man accused of ramming a truck into a crowd of people in Stockholm last week, to Sweden through another Western nation, Uzbek Foreign Minister said on Friday. Akilov was wearing the green clothes supplied by the detention center, local media reported.
Police have since revealed the 39-year-old has been living in the Scandinavian country since at least 2014 - but a security source said he had tried to leave.
The Stockholm government wants to fast-track a ban on joining terror groups, after a failed asylum seeker killed four people last week.
The prosecutor, Hans Ihrman, asked the judge to close the rest of the proceedings to the public, and Eriksson agreed.
Akilov was caught Friday evening in a northern suburb of Stockholm, hours after he drove the stolen beer truck into the crowd of afternoon shoppers outside the upmarket Ahlens store.
The attack killed 41-year-old Briton Chris Bevington, a 31-year-old Belgian woman, a 69-year-old Swedish woman and an 11-year-old Swedish girl.
Security services previously said Akilov had expressed sympathies with extremist organisations, including IS, but had not been viewed as a threat. Fifteen others were injured in the attack, with eight still hospitalized.
Shareholders taking charge at AkzoNobel as takeover battle heats up
PPG Chief Executive Michael McGarry said last week that the company isn't ruling out a sweetened offer or a hostile bid for Akzo. Akzo has said it can generate more value for shareholders on its own.
Police say they have arrested a second person in connection with the attack, but have given no further information.
However, this man would remain in custody due to an earlier decision that he be expelled from Sweden, the authority said.
There were no more details on which country Uzbekistan had told.
Friday's attack shocked Sweden, known for its welcoming policy toward migrants and refugees.
Akilov, who was known to intelligence services, had applied for residency in Sweden in 2014 but his application was rejected in December a year ago, according to police.
Information for this article was contributed by David Keyton of The Associated Press and by Christina Anderson and Milan Schreuer of The New York Times.